• 350gr grated carrots
• 50gr dried apricots
• 280gr flour
• 120gr brown sugar
• 1 tsp cinnamon powder
• 1 tsp ginger powder
• 1 tsp nutmegt powder
• 200gr sunflower margarine
• the juice and zest of 1 orange
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• pinch of salt
For the icing
• dark chocolate
• Mix the sugar and margarine together in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
• Grate the carrots and add to the mix.
• Chop the dried apricots and add them to the mix.
• Add the orange juice and zest.
• Sift the flour, salt, spices and vanilla into the mix and stir well.
• Spread out in a lightly coated with margarine baking tin and place in the pre-heated oven at 180C for 40 minutes or until nice and brown on the top and cooked in the middle.
• Poke a knife or a cocktail stick into the middle of the cake just before you think it is ready to see if it is cooked in the middle as it might need longer in the oven.
• Let it cool and cover with some melted dark chocolate or any other icing you might like.