|Basmati rice with sweet and sour chickpeas
Ingredients for the sponge
• 200gr chickpeas
• 2 Tbsp sultana raisins
• 1 small onion
• 2 Tbsp sunflower margarine
• 1 tsp turmeric powder
• 1 small bunch of fresh coriander
• juice of 1 lemon
• 1 Tbsp olive oil
• salt, pepper
• basmati rice
• Soak the chickpeas overnight, then cook them in salty water along with a couple of bay leaves and 1 garlic clove.
• Gently stir fry the chopped onion in a couple of tablespoon of sunflower margarine, add the sultana raisins and stir for a few minutes.
• Add the turmeric powder and finally the cooked chikpeas.
• Stir well and add a bit of water if necessary then cook for a few more minutes until all ingredients are well combined together.
• Chop the coriander, mix it with the lemon juice, olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper.
• Serve the chickpeas with white basmati rice and the pesto coriander which will go well with the sweet taste of the chickpeas.